Alas, poor Santa Ana, we knew thee well.
I am sure Santa Ana was White at some time or another, but honestly, I keep trying to remember when Santa Ana was not like this. To me, it’s been this way forever now. I hung out there in 1979 and 1980, and it was pretty damn Mexican then even. More Mexican-American, but still. I worked in Santa Ana in 1989-90 at Stewart and Barnett, a major law firm downtown. It was already completely gone that way even that far back. I might as well have been working in Mexico. It was a very alienating place to work, like working in a foreign country.
I don’t think I ever taught in their school system, but I’m not sure. Maybe I did. I think I was actually teaching in Garden Grove schools though. They were very heavily Southeast Asian, especially Vietnamese and Khmer. I don’t mind teaching Viets and Khmer at all. They’re perfect students and the older ones who work at the school are quite easy to work with. When you meet the SE Asian aides, they practically bow down in front of you, apparently because you are this revered thing called a teacher. They’re really nice too, even the men. Bend over backwards nice.
Filed under Asians, California, Education, Hispanics, Khmer, Mexicans, Race Relations, Race/Ethnicity, SE Asians, Sociology, Urban Studies, USA, Vietnamese, West, Whites
Stalin Tonks writes:
Fine Robert. Go vote for Hillary and bring in millions of non-whites to depress wages for the average person.
It’s not that important of an issue. I never vote for conservatives ever, for any reason, and I’m not changing. Conservatives are my class enemies. Why should I vote for my enemies? Not only that, but I am opposed to the whole basic conservative way of looking at life and the world, which I think sucks. Yes, the conservatives are more correct on immigration, but even there they are insane (Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? WTH?). They are right on immigration and wrong on just about everything else. Being right on immigration is not enough to make me vote for them. It’s not important for me to switch my vote.
- They’re already here.
- 2. The country’s already gone politically on this issue. The whole thing is a dead issue to me as I think US society is totally gone on this issue. US society seems to be majority in support of illegal immigration and high levels of legal immigration, if not H -1B’s. Both parties seem to be dead set in favor of mass immigration, both legal, illegal and Hindu 1B. It’s just hopeless and there’s nothing to be done.
- 3. Obama deported more illegals than any other President. More illegals have gone back to Mexico than have come in since 2009, so the # of illegals is actually declining in the US. I know in my area this summer, they said a whole bunch of them left.
- 4. We are already dealing with it. The INS was in my town about 1-2 years ago, and they stayed for a month in the Best Western downtown. They raided all over my city the whole month and they rounded up 2,300 illegals. It was brutal – they were stopping mothers walking their kids to school and asking them for papers, etc. This raid occurred under Obama.
- 5. It’s already been done and it’s already over with. The country’s already gone on this issue anyway on the ground from my POV. You fail to understand that I live in California. This is already post-White America. We’ve already imported millions of non-Whites to drive down wages. We’ve already imported hundreds of thousands of H-1B’s to drive down upper middle class workers’ wages. Our cities already look like the UN. We’re already living in Mexico or the UN and you are jumping up and down yelling that Hillary is going to turn this place into Mexico and the UN. You are yelling about something that’s already happened. It’s like yelling at a cancer patient that they are going to get cancer. My own city is 67% Hispanic. It’s not great, but honestly, it’s not the end of the world. I can live with these Mexicans. Anyway, in Mexican society, Whites rule, so if you are a White in an Hispanic city, you are ruling class de facto. Mexican is not a race. I could be a Mexican. Or I could turn into one. Just start speaking Spanish and call yourself a Mexican. Real simple. That’s all you have to do. White Mexican culture is not that different from White US culture anyway.
- Now, if you can find me a nice leftwing nationalist or even left wing of the Alt Right candidate to vote for, maybe we are talking. Get Marine Le Pen’s ass over here and run her for office. Then I will vote “rightwing” in a New York minute.
Filed under American, California, Conservatism, Culture, Democrats, Fake Guest Workers, Hispanics, Illegal, Immigration, Labor, Law enforcement, Left, Mexicans, Obama, Political Science, Politics, Race Relations, Race/Ethnicity, Regional, Sociology, Urban Studies, US Politics, USA, West, Whites