Some interesting ideas along these lines from a commenter:
Halal Butcher of Lhasa: It’s immaterial. Polygamy is Arab culture sanctified through Islam. Condemning polygamy and sharia law inside Sunni Arabia is like…
1) Poking fun at their greatest national hero Mohamed.
2) Civilizational self denial. Comparatively, it’s like asking Hindus to eat beef or condemn casteism as racism.
To ease the problem (categorically I’m not against Arab nationalism), here’s something I posted at another site:
Should Muslims lobby to be recognized a separate race?
The more religious Muslims sure act like a race visually and symbolically through their costume, language of worship, diet.
Now should they lobby to be recognized as a separate race, and for whose sake?
If the Muslims were a separate race like the Jews, the less religious Muslims can comfortably become secular or even agnostic and atheist, just like Freud and Marx are still considered Jewish by broad segments of Jewry.
Racial discrimination still carries a more negative tag than other forms of prejudice.
Now religious struggle can hoist the banner of national liberation against foreign aggression. Boko Haram/IS boys are just freedom fighters against foreign fascism.
So Muslims can tell the kufirs, “Look, we are a 1.5 billion+ race, DON’T FUCK WITH US.”
CONS: I can’t name any, except it might heighten Muslims vs kufirs tension immediately.
- a) The Shiites might also declare themselves a race different from that of Sunnis.
- b) Some Muslim scientists could declare their finding that Koran recital can trigger mutation or racial change.
- c) Under the banner of ‘We Muslims aren’t racist’ and racial harmony:
- i) The secular Muslims can now seek peace with kufirs, chanting M. L. King fashion: ”I have a dream…” or “I’ve been to the Al-Aqsa (Temple Mount) top..”
- ii) Traditionally Muslim women don’t marry non-Muslim men, under the new racial setting they could – interracial marriage no big deal, right?
- d) The homo Muslims who fight for gay rights under the banner of ‘Gay Jihad’ can dilute the religious controversy and might even give jihad a good name, at least to the liberals.
- No pun intended – there really are a number of serious sites on ‘gay jihad’: