The Alternative Left should be for people who are mostly liberal, Left or progressive in their characters, souls, politics and voting. However, we are disenchanted with some aspects of Left, especially the Cultural Left in the US. On those issues, we feel that the Left has gone too far. So while we are more conservative than the Cultural Left, we are not all the way to the social conservatism of the US Right, which mostly appalls us. So Alt Left types would be more centrist on cultural issues, not as leftwing as the Cultural Left but at the same time repulsed by the cultural reaction of the Right.
However, on economics, most Alt Left types would feel that the Western liberal/Left has not gone far enough. The Democratic Party in the US, Labor in the UK, the “Socialist” Party in France, and the “Social Democratic” PASOK in Greece have all sold the workers out badly for the rich, the corporations and capital in general. They claim to represent the working people, but instead they are traitors to the working class.
So the Alt Left would be for people who feel that the Western Liberal-Left in governments of the West is too rightwing on economic issues but too leftwing on social issues.
We would be quite leftwing in economic issues (although we would let in anyone disenchanted with rightwing economics) but more to the center on cultural matters.
Some mandatory qualifications for joining the Alt Left should be support for some type of Left economics (at a minimum Cultural Liberalism and Keynesianism) and opposition to at least part of the Cultural Left. Dealbreakers would be support for any sort of rightwing economics (including triangulating DNC, Clintonites and Blairites), along with a Cultural Left mindset.
Mindsets that might not be welcome on the Alternative Left. That is, we could probably tolerate people with up to a few of these vices as long as they were quiet about it, but the bottom line is that the things below are not really Alt Left values:
- The belief that White people are evil. Black Lives Matter is that-a-way.
- Belief that anyone who is non-White is automatically a saint. An update on Rousseauan noble savage theory with about as much as evidence as its predecessor.
- Carrying on about “White privilege.” The university is over there.
- Obsession with “structural racism.” The Sociology Department is that-a-way.
- Race denial or hostility to race realism. One of the pillars of the Alt Left is race realism.
- Support for anything goes pansexuality and promotion of such to the masses as a hip fad. Come now. Can’t we have some limits on degeneracy and depravity? Just some?
- Excessive support for Gay Politics or Political Homosexuality, yet another Identity Politics (IdPol) dead end. *1*
- Feminazism, Gender Feminism, Radical Feminism or Male-hating or Male-hostile Feminism. *2*
- Transgender Idpol or Transgender Politics. *3*
- Support for gender insanity, 147 different genders (or even three), or getting rid of gender. *4*
- Promotion of diversity and multiculturalism as ends unto themselves *5*
- Favoring multiculturalism over assimilation. You must have gotten lost.
- Belief that the West is evil, and the non-West is wonderful. The Cultural Left is that-a-way.
- Support for radical Islam, ultra-Orthodox Judaism, Trad Catholicism, Fundamentalist Protestantism, or hardline Hinduism. A Left is anti-obscurantist or it is nothing.
- Support for fascism as a general principle. *6*
- Support for any sort of Nazism (racist fascism) in its various permutations in any way, shape or form. *7*
- Obsessive anti-Semitism, anti-Semitic cranks. This sort of dangerous nonsense is not just not a Left value.
- Support for segregation, apartheid, discrimination or expulsion of any group on the basis of race or religion. I fail to see anything leftwing about any of these things.
- Contempt for poor, low income, or working class people. The Republican Convention is being held over there.
- Blame the victim mindset. The Libertarian Party is that-a-way.
- “I made it, why can’t you?” “Anyone can make it if you try.” “Anyone can get rich.” “Everyone can get rich.” Ayn Randists not welcome.
- The idea that the person who has more money is superior to the human being who has less money. What are you doing on the Left? Bye.
- Opposition to social spending or social programs. Major dealbreaker.
- Advocating excessive materialism or conspicuous consumption. Champagne socialists and limousine liberals welcome but please keep a low profile. Ostentatious display of wealth has never been a true Left value.
- Extreme patriotardism. The Republican Party is that-a-way.
- Support for US/UK/EU imperialism in any way, shape or form. Can someone please tell me what is so leftwing about US/Western imperialism, Cold War liberals like Bernie Sanders notwithstanding?
- Strong support for US foreign policy period. The Democratic Party is that-a-way.
- Support for Revisionist Zionism *8*
- Hard-line, Obsessive or One-Note Zionism of any variety. See no fascism above, and add no colonialism and certainly no settler colonialism to that.
- Antisemitism or antiracism witch hunting. So go join the Cultural Left.
- No antisemitism detectives searching hither and thither for every last crumb of a threat to the Jews. This sort of Jewish paranoia is almost as bad though not as dangerous as anti-Semitism itself.
- Obsession with name-calling epithets like racist, sexist, homophobe, antisemite, bigot, Nazi, White supremacist, transphobe, Islamophobe, etc. The Cultural Left is calling your name.
- Use of the term “scientific racism.” And out the door with you.
- Gay rights, yes! Gay politics, no! Support and tolerance for biological homosexuals to live their lives as they choose in freedom and happiness. No discrimination against gays. On the other hand, homosexuality should not be cheered or championed, and certainly experimental or opportunistic homosexuality should not be promoted as some sort of cool thing or hipster fad.
- Women’s rights, yes! Women’s politics, no! An Alt Left should support Equity Feminism but not Gender, Radical, Man-hating or Anti-male Feminism.
- Bare minimal rights for transsexuals. Nondiscrimination against transsexuals in many but not all jobs. Transsexual rights yes, Transsexual politics no. Transsexualism should not be promoted as a cool thing or a fad as it is nowadays. Many though not all transsexuals are probably mentally ill. A transwoman is not a woman; it is a man who thinks he is a woman. A transman is not a man; it is a woman who thinks she is a man.
- There are indeed only two genders, male and female. Nevertheless an Alt Left should be compassionate towards certain rare persons who are biological oddities from a very early age through no fault of their own, and we should have sympathy for their profound struggles with gender identity.
- In areas that are already diverse, nondiscrimination and non-racism as general principles are good things. People ought to get along, and an Alt Left should not be a racist movement. Immigrants should be allowed to keep their own cultures (multiculturalism) in the first generation, but after that, assimilation should be encouraged. Certainly the notion that lack of diversity is in and of itself a problem should be opposed by an Alternative Left. Peoples’ desires to be culturally conservative, monocultural, traditional, or to have a national, ethnic or religious identity should be seen as rights that an Alt Left would not interfere with. No wars on tradition, nationalism, religion or ethnic identity.
- An Alt Left can hardly support fascism, but some leeway ought to be allowed for Third Positionism or especially National Bolshevism, Dugin’s Fourth Positionism, etc.
- See that “Left” in Alt Left? We can’t very well be for Nazis, now can we?
- The Alt Left will be mostly skeptical about Zionism and the state of Israel at the very least. Anti-Zionists are of course welcome. Moderate, toned-down Zionists should be allowed but not encouraged.