Excellent piece by Nominay, one of my finest commenters. I enjoyed this post a lot.
Blacks Are Not Closer to Apes
About two years ago, I left an almost troll-like question, in the guise of thoughtful speculation, on Robert’s blog. It was based on the stereotype of Blacks looking more simian than the other races. In short, it was an invitation to compare Blacks with apes, the silly excuse being that as the first modern people, maybe they had “more of a connection” to the apes than the other races do.
This triggered a number of responses, and I went further to antagonize and offend Blacks and equality lovers with more stereotypes involving watermelons, chicken, and white envy. I did this the same way Andy Kaufman would be an outrageous character and not let others know that it was a put-on. Not enough people got that I was joking.
What I came to see is that the “Blacks/apes?” post was inviting racist vermin out of the woodwork, where they would release their bile of “niggers” and worse onto Robert’s page. I also found myself taking it further as well, arguing with Blacks about how they weren’t equal, by pulling shit out of thin air like that they didn’t advance technology like Europeans did.
Nearly 500 comments and 2 years later, the Blacks-apes post continues to be commented on regularly and has been one of the most popular on Robert’s blog ever. I couldn’t have imagined that something so stupid would have been given so much prolonged, serious thought.
And yet by the end of it, in my ongoing debates with Blacks and those familiar with genetics and basic science, I found myself, to my horror, actually beginning to believe my own bullshit. I was becoming this character that I had created. I had to remind myself that I didn’t actually believe in all my rhetoric, and I felt confused.
I realized that I had been programming myself to become a racist. What I’ve taken away from all this is that racism is even more dangerous than I thought. For a long time I thought racism was funny because of how absurd it was. So, like Andy Kaufman with Tony Clifton, I created this absurd character out of it that would rant about trees, bananas, and Blacks. I look back now, and it’s not funny to me anymore. From now on, I’m not going to promote beliefs that I am diametrically opposed to.
I have never, ever believed that Blacks are not equal as human beings to Whites and other races. I grew up in a liberal household and an uncle of mine even worked with Martin Luther King. MLK is one of my heroes. So are Malcolm X and Frederick Douglas. I look at John Lewis, who continues to serve in Congress 50 years after his time as a radical civil rights activist, and he’s a hero too.
Robert Kennedy is my favorite American ever, and he was passionate about standing with Black Americans for progress. All this helped define how I see humanity and American life. I care a lot about the African American community and am pissed off that they don’t have an advocate of powerful prestige on the national stage.
I see a resurgence of racism in America today, and that pisses me off too. That racism is still seriously defended in the 21st century, 50 years after hoses and dogs, is repugnant. Basically, 95% of white racists are cretins who vote Republican. The other 5% have issues and need psychiatric treatment. But 100% of them contribute to the “reverse racism” that we see from Blacks today.
None of these issues are going to go away in my lifetime. The human race is too retarded for that. Real life versions of the character I played will remain looking for any leverage they can to flex their prejudice. They have an easy target with regard to Black culture and the cycle of poverty and crime Blacks live in. These issues will be used against them.
And I will be speaking out against that.